Adoni Media Celebrates 10 Year Anniversary
Trust, experience, and results have driven Adoni’s success as it’s grown to be a leading, independent PR agency with offices and clients around Australia.
In the ten years since Founder and Managing Director, Leisa Goddard, took her understanding of the media and launched Adoni, the firm has successfully helped clients influence public policy, deliver strategic campaigns, and navigate crises and change.
There have been thousands of news stories, campaign launches, and brand events totalling in excess of $25 million worth of coverage, but that is just a part of Adoni’s PR success story.
For industry leaders and decision-makers it is the expertise advice, messaging, training, and support that Adoni provides confidentially behind-the-scenes, that prepares and protects businesses and investment.
Leisa Goddard, Founder and Managing Director
Ms Goddard has more than 30 years of journalism and communications experience and is considered to be one of Australia’s leading PR and media advisors.
She has built a team that, like her, has decades of experience. From former television news bosses and A Current Affair producers, to government media advisors and corporate affairs specialists, who are highly-skilled and connected.
“When you understand the media the way all of the members of our Adoni team does, you have the experience to recognise opportunities, develop messaging and advise clients to manage their reputations and achieve their communication goals,” Ms Goddard said.
“I made a deliberate decision that experience would be at the core of what we do at Adoni and our team of respected and highly experienced experts proves that,” she said.
A PR agency built on reputation and referrals
Adoni Media has grown over the past decade because industry leaders and experts trust us and are confident in recommending us.
Adoni has an enviable client base from energy to education, health to hospitality, aviation to the arts, tourism to transport, mining to manufacturing, and charities to corporate and government.
Adoni works with clients ranging from the Salvation Army to the world’s largest resource company, Glencore.
Ms Goddard’s core driver for launching the business was to do PR better.
She had worked for decades as a senior television journalist in newsrooms across Australia and overseas and, in that time, had covered countless launches, media calls, and press conferences.
“All journalists have experienced – and likely, complained about – PR people who don’t understand what the media needs or how to deliver it. I know, I was one of them,” she said.
As a foreign correspondent, and later as a senior reporter for programs such as A Current Affair, she covered corporates and governments in crisis.
“I know how journalists approach stories, the questions they ask and the angles that make an event or announcement newsworthy and looking at a crisis through that lens is a critical advantage when it comes to advising and creating strategy for issues management,” she said.
In the past decade, Leisa has proven the value of real-world media experience in delivering effective PR.
“We are extremely grateful to all of the business leaders, entrepreneurs and decision makers who have trusted us over the past ten years.
“Adoni is a business built on our reputation and referrals, and I am extremely proud of that,” she said.
Best PR Agency
“Congratulations Adoni Media on your 10 year anniversary and this very special milestone. Adoni continues to grow from strength to strength with so many talented individuals contributing to this wonderful journey. A special shout out to Leisa who is an absolute star and I hope you are celebrating this success. It is well deserved! – Patricia O’Callaghan, Former CEO of Destination Gold Coast
“Congratulations to Leisa and her team on this milestone anniversary. Adoni has provided their trusted and expert guidance to Senex through the highs and lows of our industry over the last decade. The team’s experience and knowledge of current affairs and industry issues makes all the difference. We’ve built a trusted partnership over many years and are proud to count ourselves as one of Adoni’s first clients. Here’s to many more years of partnership. – Ian Davies, CEO of Senex Energy
“Congratulations Adoni on your 10 year anniversary. 2.1 million in media reach where our previous agency said, “no story to tell”, and stepping up to help with work outside of your scope because you could see it needed to be done normally. Adoni Media care about their clients and that is why Kyco will be part of the next 10 years.” – Trond Smith, Founder Kyco.
“Congratulations on achieving 10 years in business. Thank you for your valued contribution to shaping NTI’s media presence in our chosen markets. Your national footprint, and diverse and recognisable network is a testament to Adoni’s dedication and expertise. We look forward to continuing to grow and innovate with you in this space in the years to come.” – National Transport Insurance (NTI)
Our top 10 campaigns
- For 10 years, Adoni Media has been Senex Energy’s PR partner supporting expansion announcements, ASX reports, finance and community news announcements as well as thought leadership, issues management and social media campaigns. From major new sponsorship agreements with the Royal Flying Doctor Service to PR campaigns supporting the sale of the business to a $1 billion expansion.
- Launching the “Opera House of the West”. Adoni Media was the PR lead for opening of the $100 million world-class performance venue in Western Sydney, West HQ. There were preview events, red carpets, and an opening night spectacular starring national and international stars including Keith Urban. For months, the Adoni team worked as an extension of the Sydney Coliseum’s communications team, including being based in Western Sydney to generate national and targeted media coverage.
- For nearly a decade, Adoni has had a valued partnership with QPAC, the Queensland Performing Arts Centre. Adoni has produced Video News Releases (VNRs), created social media videos and supported media calls for QPAC and some of the biggest names in showbiz including Disney and international ballet companies from Italy, Russia, and the UK.
- A re-brand for long-term PR partner Chicken Treat has been just one of the success stories in the years we have worked with this much-loved food franchise. Through fun-filled launches of new burgers to flying a giant inflatable chicken above a city skyline to VNRs and leadership articles, it has been a huge success. Chicken Treat is now expanding nationally and Adoni is proudly working with them to further grow the brand.
- Adoni has created, launched and managed a number of government relations campaigns to influence public policy across healthcare, disability and inclusion, a consumer campaign, and health industry protection. One multi-platform campaign was so successful it created legislative change and won awards for Leisa and the Adoni team while another prevented industry-damaging policy being introduced.
- Build brand awareness for a fast-growing, e-commerce business helping to position Queensland-based online retailer Cheese Therapy as an authority in supporting regional small business operators in Australia and to help fund raise for expansion. Adoni’s proactive PR strategy also extended to reactive PR, when co-founder Sam Penny successfully fought Australia Post to stop a proposed national ban on perishable goods in the mail.
- During the past decade, Adoni has proudly supported Australian charities from The Salvation Army with its Red Shield and Christmas Appeals, to Mission Australia, Act for Kids, and the Lighthouse Foundation.
- New brands from fashion to homewares to health supplements have worked with Adoni to launch into the market and build brand awareness. One of our most high-profile campaigns, included working with best-selling author, mindset coach and athlete, Turia Pitt, who became brand ambassador for Kynd, a supplement company with a social conscience that gives back to the community with immunity sachets donated to the homeless for every product sold.
- For several years, Adoni has delivered strategic campaigns for Australia’s largest transport and logistics insurer, National Transport Insurance (NTI). The major highlights of their yearly PR calendar are the release of a major industry-leading road safety research report and the raffle of restored classic trucks to fundraise hundreds of thousands of dollars to support research into Motor Neurone Disease (MND).
- And last but not least, the number of tourism organisations and events Adoni has organised, launched, promoted, and secured media coverage during the past decade. Some of the most high-profile include the work we have done for Destination Gold Coast, World Science Festival at the Queensland Museum, Kingfisher Bay, and TEDxBrisbane.
We’ve had 10 years of impact, and we have just begun.
Thank you to all of our clients. We look forward to another exciting decade of growth.